If you’re traveling from out of town, please note that lodging is in short supply in Juneau during the conference.
- Shared Bedrooms – $45 per night
- Private Bedroom – 2 bedroom unit $90 per night
- Private Bedroom – 4 bedroom unit $60 per night
Complete the UAS Housing Request Form at your earliest opportunity, rooms will fill up fast.
Best Western Country Lane Inn
SHI has reserved a block of rooms available first-come, first-served for the nights of June 12–15.
To reserve a room at the special conference rate, call them at 907-789-5005 and use rate code “CRE Conference”.
CCTHITA Navigators Scholarship
20 Educators from the following school districts are eligible for the travel scholarship:
- Juneau School District
- Hydaburg City School District
- Klawock City School District
- Craig City School District
- Southeast Island School District
Funding pays for:
- $450 Training Scholarship ($150/day Professional Development scholarship)
- Travelers: Not from Juneau SD
- Travel and lodging (Brightways staff will arrange with educator)
- $270 per diem (check provided by Brightways staff)
- Car rental reimbursement (receipt must be submitted within 2 weeks post training)
- Send receipt to email@example.com; Subject line: CRE car rental reimbursement
Funding provided by Department of Education, Alaska Native Program, REWARD Grant #S356A180035 through T&H Cultural Heritage & Education Division, Navigators Program.
Sealaska Heritage Institute CRE Travel Scholarship
20 Educators are eligible for this travel scholarship, with priority given to those from the following districts:
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District
- Annette Island School District
- Petersburg Borough School District
- Wrangell Public School District
Funding pays $700 stipends to help offset the cost of travel and lodging.
Complete the Gathering for Strength Conference Travel Scholarship form to apply for this scholarship.